Consumers today take in information differently. As consumers evolve, so must the way of marketing businesses to them. In recent years, marketing’s greatest evolution has been the adoption of content as a fundamental part of the mix. The broad term can be classified into two major wings – Digital Marketing and Traditional Marketing, the debate continues as to whether Internet Marketing is overpowering and surpassing traditional marketing. Traditional marketing vs digital marketing is a head-to-head battle, but who is the winner here?
A lot of people think that digital marketing has taken over completely and traditional marketing barely exists. Recent occurrences such as magazines switching to digital publications through digital marketing agencies are causing ripples in the marketing field. Over the last year or so traditional marketing has seen a downward trend, while at the same time, digital marketing services have increased by leaps and bounds.
What are the benefits to using digital marketing over traditional methods? And what is the big difference between traditional marketing vs digital marketing anyway?
There are many aspects of traditional marketing and examples might include elements such as business cards, print ads in newspapers or magazines. It can also include advertising on commercials on TV, radio, posters, billboards and pamphlets. Traditional marketing is an age old means to brand your commodity. Another feature of traditional marketing vs digital marketing is when people find a particular business through a referral or a network and eventually you build a long-term rapport with them.
We come across many traditional marketing instances in our everyday lives. These include seeing an ad in the newspaper or receiving a flyer in your mail box. The main drawback with traditional marketing is that there is a high chance of the customer not responding to the ad as there is no guarantee that it is stuck in their heads for long. Digital marketing can solve this issue by repeatedly appearing in front of the user’s screens multiple times, provoking them to go to the next step of the buyer’s journey.
The world of digital marketing continues to evolve and as long as technology continues to advance, Internet marketing services will as well. Examples of digital marketing services include things like websites, social media mentions, YouTube videos, and banner ads. Mainly, Online marketing companies are similar to traditional advertising, but using digital services and devices. However, digital marketing services are considered a form of inbound marketing and its goal is for people to find you, this is the major difference between digital v traditional marketing. People may conduct an online search, a paid search, find your business on a social network or by reading content that has been published online such as a blog or an article. The more they get to see your brand online, the more aware they will become of your brand and eventually develop a trust and connection with you and your business. Digital marketing is expansive and is ever evolving, giving your business or brand multiple opportunities to succeed.
Benefits of Digital Marketing v/s Traditional Marketing:
1. Cost-effective:One’s business can develop its internet marketing services for a very little cost and can potentially replace costly marketing advertising channels such as Yellow Pages, television, radio and magazine.
2. Analyse results easily: With traditional marketing, you can see in real time what is working and not working for your business online. You can adapt very quickly to improve your results via online means. For measuring traffic to your site you can use Google Analytics to measure specific goals you want to achieve for your website or blog and most packaged email marketing solutions provide good insight into how many people are opening, reading and converting from your emails.
3. Get real-time results: We don’t have to wait weeks to see improvements during a new business implement. You can see the numbers of visitors to your site and its subscribers increase, peak trading times, conversion rates and much more at the touch of a button. Basically anything that you capture in your customer journey can be reported on and honed for greater success at a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing. Marketing on the internet facilitates you to refine your strategy at any point in time and see any improvements or opportunities for further refinement almost instantaneously.
4. Brand awareness & development: A website needs to have two things: completely optimized according to SEO and quality content targeting the needs, adding value to your target audience. This can provide significant value and lead generation opportunities. The same can be said for using social media and personalized email marketing for brand awareness.
5. Greater exposure for your business: Your business can be seen anywhere in the world from one internet marketing campaign, the cost to do this using traditional methods would be considerable. Additionally, once you have optimized the key word content in your website you should see a long-term return on your investment and will be fairly low cost to maintain your ranking.
IS THERE A REALISTIC BALANCE BETWEEN TRADITIONAL MARKETING VS DIGITAL MARKETING?
The world has transitioned into a digital environment. Not only are magazines going digital, we perform many of our daily tasks such as banking online and much of our reading is done on e-readers and on our computers. Because of the rise of the digital age, it just seems like common sense to invest in digital marketing for your business. Even though traditional marketing still has a place, its presence is decreasing in today’s digital world. There are many advantages of internet marketing over traditional marketing. For today’s businesses, it is imperative to have a website and use the internet as a means to interact with their customers. There are some profitable traditional marketing strategies, particularly if you are reaching a largely local audience, but it is important to take the benefit of internet marketing so as to keep up in today’s world.
Hope you are clear with the difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing.
Here are some easy but fool-proof ways to choose the best digital marketing agency for your business.
When you are looking at improving your business and you require any Digital Marketing Service, do drop us a mail or call us. Marketing Your Digital Footprint is what we at Let’s Goo Social, do best.
Tap the below button to market your business better today!